Saturday, September 13, 2008

Back From The Dream

Have you ever had those very poignant dreams that were heavy laden with imagery, but that were so easily masked you knew in an instant what each symbolic gesture, color, presence, object or smell was trying to communicate to your conscious mind?

I had one of those recently.


Funny, I never knew someone I admire and respect implicitly would be standing in front of me with tan cordoroy trousers and a grey plaid shirt with his hair mussed, a booger hanging out his nose and I think his fly down. But it became evident that he was challenging me to see if I would have the courage to confront what wasn't right, and acknowledge it head on (apply directly to the forehead)and quit trying to spin, as my deceased father-in-law would say, "chicken poo into chicken salad" (this is a family blog, I endeavor to keep it clean).

That's what it comes down to, I guess. Courage. So now, the chicken metaphor takes a new turn.

Looking back, I'm glad I'm still lost on that dream with the flying acrobatic U-Haul with Van Halen playing in the back.

No comments: