Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Leanne's 3WW

Welcome to Three Word Wednesday. Each week, Bone will post three (or more) words. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to write something using all of those words. It can be a few lines, a story, a poem, anything. I'll also attempt to write something using the same words.

Leave a comment if you participate. Many fun and interesting people might visit your blog.

This week's words are:
Initial
Knock
Weather


Tribute to Leane Wildermuth, Artist by Nature



I just happened by her place one day. I had been following a string of blogs starting with my sister, Scone. I happened to see a comment from MommaK that rang true with me so that I thought we might be kindred spirits, a modern day Anne Shirley and her beloved Diana of the Lake of Shining Waters. To my surprise, my initial view of MommaK's place was an amazing design complete with intricate and delicate details and amazing color choices. It was the second week of the famed Thursday 13 meme, and I was thoroughly intrigued. I pressed on through the blogosphere at mere dial-up speeds (hey, that's the most you get with back-country service. Of course, if I wanted it to go faster all I had to do was chew on some aluminum foil in a thunderstorm).

As I embarked on my journey that became "Leanne- Artist Worship" as well as a regular Thirteener (before the website, thank you very much)I appreciated her sharing her sketches and then finished products with us. And then a change in the weather brought with it a busyness I have scarce escaped. I had to let go of the Thirteen blogroll because of a cyberstalker, moved hither and yon, deleted my blog, moved my blog, started another (it fell into the swamp)and then renamed the blog (it burned to the ground, fell over and then sank into the swamp) but Leanne would always knock out a note on the email, asking if everything was ok, checking in every once in a while to see if I was back. I lurked for a few months, and then a health crisis and other emotional issues demanded my full attention and I had to take my leave.

Reborn, like a Phoenix from the ashes, I have returned better. I feel better, am healthier emotionally and physically. And Leanne, fellow mid-westerner, amazing artist and web designer (Check out her designs, seriously people. I'd have one myself already...just need to budget for my own .com first and there are many things ahead of that desire)

So Gorgeous Design Artist Leanne... Here's to you.

Everyone go see her and tell her I sent ya. Then let me know you went.

10 comments:

Tumblewords: said...

She IS good! I enjoyed my visit and glad you steered me that way - your link is invalid, though, took me a bit to find her site - it was worth it.

paisley said...

the link doesn't work.. i really want to check this out so i will do a little detective work... thanks for the hook up!!!!

Jo said...

I am off to check her out. A lovely piece.

Jen said...

Aw! That was sweet :-)

gautami tripathy said...

I will go, visit her! A great post using the 3WW!

Clare said...

I'll also check her out -- I'm intrigued! I love what you wrote, and the line about chewing on aluminum foil in a thunderstorm cracked me up!
:)

Bone said...

Aww, nice tribute. I remember the Thursday Thirteen. I think I got in on the tail end of that trail, as usual. Is that how you and I "met"?

I'm off to chew on some aluminum foil.

Sylvia said...

Tumblewords- yes she is. I fixed the link.

Paisley- sorry, the sleep deprivation got to me

Jo- Your welcome for the art tip

Jen- Well so is she.

Tripathy- thanks

Clare- Facinated now?

Bone- Naw, we met via Interstellar Lass before the TT. But I introduced you to Carmen. Oh and it helps when your chewing aluminum foil to also scrape the back of your thighs with a cheese grater while sitting in a bathtub full of double edge razor blades.

RomanceWriter said...

LOL at the chewing aluminium foil line.

I liked how you mentioned she is a midwesterner, as I am one too. It is a certain sort of kinship that comes from that.

I'll check out her site when I get a chance.

TC said...

Awww, a tribute is nice :)

I would have been around sooner, but didn't get mine posted until tonight :-/ I don't usually read until I'm done with my own.