Wednesday, September 26, 2007

3WW- A New Beginning

From My Dear Friend Bone:

Welcome to Three Word Wednesday. Each week, I will post three (or more) words. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to write something using all of those words. It can be a few lines, a story, a poem, anything. I'll also attempt to write something using the same words.

Leave a comment if you participate. Many fun and interesting people might visit your blog.

This week's words are:
Caught
Eager
Perfume

"Caught you by surprise"

"Why yes, you did, Sylvia."

"Eager to see what comes of it?"

"Why yes, I am Sylvia"

The perfume of light lavender wafted effortlessly on the autumn breeze.

"Am I ready?"

"Why yes.... I am Sylvia"

7 comments:

Tumblewords: said...

That final line brought it home. Love the affirmativeness, the sureness, the 'of course' attitude.

paisley said...

alas i know i am not alone in holding two sided conversations with myself......loved it.....

TC said...

Interesting twist.

I often have conversations with myself.

gautami tripathy said...

I like such conversations. Felt like me!

poefusion said...

I agree this was a nice piece. But, for some reason the movie 'Dirty Dancing' came to mind and the song 'Love is Strange' by Mickey and Sylvia. Keep up the good work.

Michelle

Bone said...

Glad Sylvia has returned to the blogosphere?

Why yes I am, Bone.

Sylvia said...

Tumblewords- Thank you. I really enjoyed the challenge of using the punctuation to move the piece. Not bad for hiatical Sylvia.


Paisley- I do it all the time. I have an hour and a half commute one way. Lots of "center" time

tc- My chemistry teacher in high school used to say,'"So, I say to myself 'self', because that's what I call me". It allows my id and superego to correspond.

Gautami- I like that I have this in common with so many people. Thanks kindred spirit.

Michelle- k, now that's in my head and I won't be able to get it out till I Mambo with the Man. "Oh, Loverboy..."

Bone- Hey. Good to see you. I can't believe it's 54 already. wow. Loved your piece by the way... it's just you.