Monday, February 12, 2007

Of Happiness and Blue Water

I arrived at work early the other day, so prior to my daily duties, I took a minute in the employee's restroom to destatic my hair and silk pants, and to of course, do what is normally done in places such as these. I was taken aback as I realized I got the fresh stall, blue water intact. Oh, how I love to be the first to use a freshly cleaned stall, much the same way as sleeping in a freshly made bed or using a towel fresh from the dryer. Somehow, I felt whisked away to one of those commercials where two women, often best friends, sisters, or mother/daughter are discussing freshness. The symbolic blue reminded me of salty ocean breezes and sweet tropical scents. Even though it was only a spritz of Tidy-Bowl, and laden with sanitizing disinfectants for which I am grateful, just the color was a vacation from the mundane. I felt princess-like and graceful, in direct defiance of my fly-away hair and fresh zit.

"It's going to be a good day", I thought. "It isn't snowing, and I got the blue water."

4 comments:

Renee Nefe said...

LOL! Simple pleasures. Last week I was volunteering at Church and got the freshly cleaned bathroom too...unfortunately, I didn't enjoy it. missed opportunity.

Jen said...

Love it!

I'm glad it was a good day :-)

Bone said...

I have some of those discs I drop down in the back of the toilet. Good grief, the blue seems to run out in like four flushes.

Timmy said...

I've been writing more, so every day has become a good day.

Good to hear that kind of thing is spreading.