Wednesday, February 21, 2007

3WW #3

Welcome to Three Word Wednesday.Each week, I will post three (or more) random words. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to write something using all of those words. It can be a few lines, a story, a poem, anything. This is a writing exercise. It doesn't have to be perfect. The idea is to let your mind wander and write what it will. I'll also attempt to write something using the same three words.Be sure to leave a comment if you participate.This week's words are:

Wilted
Drawer
Ink


Grasping desperately

The wilted remains
Of dignity

Are all that's left

Each drawer that's closed
A separate compartment

Finalized

A duty shrugged
A love lost
An opportunity passed
A life

Half-lived

But not me

The ink
Tells my tale

It won't be me

6 comments:

Scone said...

That's beautiful, sweetie. Give Wendy Darling a hug for each of us tomorrow, OK?

Renee Nefe said...

very nice! I'm not good with poetry. Probably because my High School teacher kept trying to get us to find the symbolism in everything.

I don't do many 3WWs because if I don't come up with an idea quickly I just don't bother with it.

For a while there I kept coming up with snow ones in Bone's comments.

TC said...

I agree with Renee: I'm horrible at poetry, mostly because I was always taught to pick everything apart to the bitter end. I can remember the last poem I wrote... and I don't think I'll ever do another.

This is good though: I'm impressed.

Sylvia said...

Scone- Hugged and done. I just can't believe it.

Renee- I had that symbolism thing in HS too. But not so much I hated it. My life is full of symbols now.


T.C. Thanks a bunch, new writing sister.

Jen said...

Good one!

Not too much on poetry here, although I am moved at times to write haikus. But, they're more silly than anything...

alisonwonderland said...

nice. i'm slow but i've got one posted too. (i'm going to try a poem one of these coming weeks.)